Friday, April 20, 2007

Visiting Knox

This past Wednesday, Curtis and I had the opportunity to go see the Jon, Rachel and Knox in Temple. We drove up with one of our Elders, Norval.

Since Knox and Micah can strongly resemble each other at times, we were frequently asked if we were prepared to see Knox. We answered yes, but in my head, I knew that they was no way I could be ready.

But God was very gracious, and we had a very sweet visit with our friends and with Knox. Every time I looked at Rachel, my heart broke once again. I am so thankful that she is able to trust in God, the only source of true comfort. It was such a blessing to see her hold and bathe Knox. It was also such a blessing to be able to love on Knox, to kiss on him, and to just talk to him. What a strong faith these parents have! What a testimony they are being to those around them, even when it's us who should be ministering to them.

Through all of this, God has been teaching me many things. Every night I sing the song "God is so Good" to Micah. I have been reminded that God is good, at all times and in everything. Nothing that has happened to the Andersons and nothing that will happen is our of His control or will.

I am also very aware of my own selfishness. I keep trying to find things that I can do to "help" the Andersons. In reality, I can do nothing than continually pray for them. But, being the selfish person I am, I try to find way to help and fix the situation. How silly am I? The Creator of the universe and of Knox only asks that we pray and minister to our brother and sister as we can.

What has truly touched me the most has been the out pouring of love. While we were at the hospital, a doctor came in, simply to pray over Knox. He had heard about the Andersons through his wife's home school group, and felt lead to come see Knox. The nurse brought in a message from a pastor in Houston, who just wanted to let the Andersons know that he and his church were praying. Never before have I seen a more true example of the covenantal church, world wide. Our church aches with Jon and Rachel. Knox is part of our covenant family, and we all love him dearly.

Please keep praying for Knox, as well as his family. Keep checking our church web site for updates. Thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Amen!

Amy said...

Oh, Norval, my local Purina Mills dealer! I can still hear his commercials in my head. I was so glad to get to meet him at your house that time. We're praying for Knox, his family and friends. Glad you were able to visit!

Deanna said...

If you or anyone in your church needs a place to stay for a night or two, we have our house, my parents, Jake's parents, as well as many friends. We live in Belton, maybe 15 minutes from Scott and White. We are praying for them!