Saturday, April 28, 2007

Always a Joy

Yesterday was the funeral service for Knox. The service, as well as the days leading up to the service were very emotional days for our entire church family. And I can only imagine what Jon and Rachel and their family must have been going through. Several moments touched me, beyond what I was expecting.

Thursday, we were to the funeral home for the visitation. When Curtis and I went in to see Jon and Rachel, I honestly couldn't believe that they were still standing. The strength that they showed was so incredible! Rachel was holding Knox's doggie. That broke my heart.

There was a picture collage with many pictures of Knox and his family. I found myself smiling, thinking about all the sweet moments that Knox had brought to my life. Then I saw a picture of him at his first birthday. It brought tears to my eyes to think that his first birthday would be the only birthday he would celebrate. At the top of the collage were the words, "Always a Joy."

The service on Friday was so touching, yet incredibly worshipful. We sang the song "What 'ere My God Ordains is Right". What a testimony of faith! There were scripture readings, always pointing us to Christ, and his unending love for us. Then, the most touching part of the service, when Jon spoke in memory of Knox. At that moment, Jon was an amazing testimony to God's love, sovereignty, and goodness. We were amazed to see God work through Jon, in such an hour of grief, to be able to stand as a witness to all that God has done.

The service was worshipful. I left in tears, but resting in the comfort of my Savior, and of His promises to me and my children.

Continue to lift the Andersons up in prayer. It was encouraging to see the strength that they have, and the hope that they have in Christ.

Isaiah 43:1-5

No comments: