Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sharing the bed

This weekend, Curtis is on a men's retreat with men from our church. It's an event which he looks forward to, and I somewhat dread the thought of being a single mommy for the time. But, there is a bright spot for me. I don't have to share the bed! While many of the other wives are sad, and can't sleep without their husbands, I know that I will be getting some really good sleep!

So last night, I go to bed, get curled up and fall is to a sweet, spread out all over the bed sleep. An hour and a half later, Micah wakes up. I get him back to sleep, resume my spread out sleep, and Elizabeth comes wandering into my room. She asks if she can sleep with me. Sure, why not, I think. But she can't just sleep in one spot. She must sleep with at least two of her four appendages touching me! I scoot over, and she scoots over, Then, she starts stealing the blanket! After I was sure she was asleep, I tried moving her. "Nooooo," comes the pathetic little reply. So finally, I give up, let her have my pillow, my covers and my spread out all over the bed space.

So, I now have a new appreciation for what Curtis must go through every night. He has joked since we got married that we don't have halves of the best, I have 2/3's and he has the remaining 1/3! And on any given night, it changes to 1/4's.

I am now greatly looking forward to having my still sleeper back in bed with me!

No comments: