Monday, March 19, 2007

Pink Eye, Stairs and my Mommy Resume


(Check out his left eye. Don't worry, I saved the really gross ones for another day. I was thinking of you Laura!!)
Last Sunday, Elizabeth woke up with "an itch in my eye, you get it out Mommy?" She also had green stuff coming out of her eye. Like any good mom, I assume it's nothing, and continue to get ready for church. That is until Micah wakes up, and his eye is glued shut from all the green stuff. Time to call to doctor. Long story short, we ended up at the Scott and White Clinic (rather than Sunday school, you're welcome!) and both kids were diagnosed with pink eye. Elizabeth was given drops and Micah was given an oral antibiotic, since he also had an ear infection. Elizabeth's eye improved immediately, while our pastor described Micah as looking, "rough." Pastor Jon couldn't tell if Micah looked more hung over, or beat up.

The first day off the oral antibiotics, which happened to be right in the middle of our Spring break, Micah's eyes get worse. He ended up with drops as well.

So, I now get to add pink eye to my Mommy Resume. These kids aren't wasting any time filling my resume with all kinds of things.

A side note about guardian angels. I believe that God watches over His children, and uses angels to protect us. I now have proof of Micah's guardian angel.

We were in Kansas for Micah's birthday. My parents, since they live in Kansas, have stairs leading to their basement. Thankfully, these stairs are nice and carpeted, not creepy and squeaky. Micah can go up stairs, but still hasn't mastered going down stairs gracefully. While we were all busy preparing his birthday dinner, Micah decided to test gravity, and tumbled down the entire flight of stairs! Needless to say, it was quite scary for all of us, especially his poor Aunt Megan who got to him first. Being the clam mother I am, I immediately go through every worse case scenario, and decide that freaking out is a good option. By the time I get my seven month pregnant self down the stairs, Megan and Grad-Daddy have both helped calm him down. I take him, and within seconds, he is totally calm, and ready to get down to play! The crazy thing is that there wasn't a scratch on the boy! No bruises, no scratches, NOTHING! It was amazing!

See, like I said, I have lots of exciting things to put on my Mommy resume.

1 comment:

Puente Family said...

You know, Bryce was playing with his eye tonight and all I thought was, "hmmmm...Bryce found his eye". I'll have to look out now! I am so glad that the fall wasn't too bad. I don't think I could have made it down that gracefully! :-) Take care!