Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sibling love

One of the things that I think I'm going to love about having all the kids close together is the kind of relationships that I hope they have. We are just starting to get glimpses of sibling interactions. A few examples.

Mt. Cheerios. Micah LOVES sitting in his highchair and eating Cheerios. When Micah eats, Elizabeth feels the need to eat as well. So frequently, she will ask if she can have some Cheerios too. Since they're both calm and occupied, they could be eating dirt and I would still let them! Often, I use the Cheerios to get the two of them to stay in one place long enough for me to take care of something (brushing my teeth perhaps). The worst sound to hear is a noise rather like running water. The first time I heard it, I went running into the living room, and there, on Micah's highchair tray, I saw Mt. Cheerios. Elizabeth had poured almost the entire box of Cheerios onto the tray. Before I could react, Micah began throwing Cheerios everywhere. Let's just say KC was one happy dog!

Their new favorite activity is wrestling. They love to roll around on the ground together, taking turns "hiding" from the other. I think that's why God made Micah has big as he did.

Screaming has become another favorite activity. Most of the time, this activity takes place in the car. It starts with Elizabeth screaming (more like shrieking) at Micah. Micah laughs, and screams back. After a few rounds, and a reminder from Mommy that we don't scream in the car, it then proceeds to other noise making. Elizabeth starts, Micah laughs, and tries to mimic. It's really pretty funny, and you can't beat the sound of laughter from two sweet kids!

We know that when Baby #3 is born, he will make things even more exciting! And I'm dreading the day when the screaming at each other isn't for fun. :-)

2 comments:

Jamison said...

I can just see the "Mt. Cheerios" story in slow motion, complete with you running towards Micah saying, "N-o-o-o-o-o" and then Micah gleefully splashing them into your hair and eyeballs.

Your kids are funny, and you are a cool mommy for not freaking out about stuff.

jay n tricia said...

Hi! I hopped over from A/J's blog: I'm Andrew's big sis. My first 3 kiddos were all born within barely 3 1/2 years of each other. I had a girl, then boy, then boy, just like you guys. It is fun to have them close together...very busy while they are tiny, but they are all very good friends now. Enjoy your sweet babies!
(www.hornes.org)