Thursday, July 20, 2006

Potty Training: Day Four (7/20/06)


For some reason, I went ahead and bit the bullet and began potty training Elizabeth. After reading many articles and books, talking to other moms (mostly my own!) and observing her, I decided that she was ready. So, Tuesday was the big day.

Tuesday and Wednesday were very wet days in our home. No M&M's were earned, no stickers made it to the famed Potty Chart. Then, yesterday, things really went downhill. The previous two days I had opted for the training pants, but yesterday we went with the bare bottom approach. She was fine, then all the sudden, she was running around with her legs crossed. The funniest part of the day was when she ran into her bedroom, begging for a diaper so that she could go potty. :-) She also developed what appeared to be a fear of the toilet, and would go rigid, and sob while sitting on the toilet. Very pathetic, but somewhat amusing!

So this morning, I woke up dreading the day. At nine this morning, her legs were crossed, she was holding herself, but insisted that she didn't need to go potty. Yeah right, I was born yesterday!! Finally, two hours later, she went potty in the potty! Since then, she has gone to the potty five times, and has had no accidents!

I say all this, and we'll probably have another rough day tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to savor the moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry...I'll be on my way later today and ready to help Thursday morning!