Monday, June 05, 2006

Ladybugs and Creepy Pink Balls

That is what my Monday has consisted of. Ladybugs and creepy pink balls. Here's the scoop.

Today, we were watching a movie. During the movie, Elizabeth started serving Curtis and I pretend food. This isn't anything new in our household, but today we had an interesting twist since the food was invisible. So, being the superb parents we are, we relished in our daughter's delicacy. She gave us more of this delicacy, as she gulped up some of her own. Ummm! Curtis politely asked, "So, what are we eating?" Elizabeth looked at us, gulped up more of whatever was so amazing, and declared, "Ladybugs!" Even though we were eating pretend, invisible food, both Curtis and I stopped chewing.

Now to the creepy pink ball. Yesterday, Elizabeth had her first real shopping experience, where she was able to spend her own birthday money. One of her purchases, was a large, hot pink, ball. Today has consisted of lessons on NOT throwing the ball in the house, just rolling and kicking. Finally, Mommy's favorite time of the day rolled around and Elizabeth was sleeping. I was rocking Micah to sleep, and I hear this strange noise. I turn around, expecting to see Elizabeth. I see nothing. Back to rocking Micah. Same creepy noise. I turn around, and all I see is the pink ball. And the source of the creepy noise. And just to prove I'm not crazy, the same thing happened to Curtis! He was rocking Micah to sleep tonight, and the creepy pink ball emerges again!

The moral of the story..... watch our for creepy pink balls and don't eat Ladybugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't worry...you'll eat worse things than invisible ladybugs...just wait till she tries to cook breakfast in bed for you the first time. And you wondered why I always asked for something simple!!

Momma