Tuesday, August 13, 2013

When he grows up

Just recently, I had a conversation with my Dad about what I imagined each of my children doing when they because adults.  Obviously, I hope they love the Lord with a passion and strive every day to follow Him.  I hope they marry, finding a partner to work with, love, and follow Christ with.  I hope the know the rich blessing of children.  But more specifically, at this stage in life, what do I imagine my children doing when they grow up?

I think Elizabeth will be in front of people!  Maybe dancing, singing or swimming.  Or maybe, in front of the classroom.  Her personality is big and contagious!  She had the ability to have a group of people wrapped around her finger.  I can see her entertaining or training people with these talents.

For awhile now, Micah has been talking about being a police man.  With his tender heart and caring spirit, I can see him in a profession that allows him to care for and shepherd people.  Policeman, Fireman, Pastor, Counselor, Vet, Nurse.  Whatever he chooses, I know Micah will do it with the gentle passion he has shown us already.  He's also very athletic, and though I don't see him making that his profession, I can see him being involved in athletics for his hobby.

Benjamin, with his smile that lights of a room!  I always imagined he would be our outspoken politician, or comedian, or TV personality.  But even stronger than his personality is his mind.  He is so bright, so intelligent!  I imagine he will be an engineer, architect, or surgeon.  He has a sharp mind, the ability to pick things up quickly and incredible find motor skills. 

And then there's Timothy.  At the time, I wasn't sure what I thought Timothy would be.  However, in the past few weeks his imagination has grown!  Curtis and I are always being asked to help defeat the bad guys, pretend that the piece of race track is a sword, or die on the spot because we've been killed.  In Timothy's world, nothing is as it seems.  I think Timothy will be our writer, our inventor, our creator or maybe even a teacher.  He'll be the one to bring life and joy into other people's worlds.

What an adventure parenting is!  And what a delight to see my children grown and change and become amazing individulas, right before my eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love having these conversations with you! I especially love how you put them into these wonderful pages in the book of Krajca life. Thanks for sharing the love with us.

Love you,
Dad