Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dear Benjamin

Dear Benjamin,

Some day, when you are older, you will read this blog and realize that I never did a birthday post for you when you turned 5.  And though I could write a quick blog, put up some pictures, post date it, and you'd never know the difference, I've decided not to.  Let me explain.

The past several months that we've faced as a family have been the hardest months of my life.  Aside from losing your Grammii, your daddy and I have never faced anything quite as hard as the road we've been walking.  When you were a baby, and we had your wonky head fixed, that was a hard road.  Mommy and Daddy were so scared for you, our little baby, facing such a huge surgery.  I used this blog, and your blog, to recount the amazing work that God did in your life.  But this time, it's different.  I can't just process things on the blog as easily.  So, while I faced the hard things that were placed in our lives, I didn't blog.

The hard road that we walked didn't involve anything with you.  And because of that, you and Micah have been feeling a little ignored and neglected.  I'm so sorry.  I wish that there was enough of me to deal with the hard and trying things, and still be the fun, loving mommy I strive to be.  But this time, there just wasn't enough of me.

Lest you think your 5th birthday was a horrible, depressing day void of celebration, let me assure you that we celebrated!!  We had fun together, as a family, enjoying the blessing that YOU are to us!!

Benjamin, you bring a smile to my face every single day.  You are so full of life and joy that you brighten the day of anyone you meet.  I love you, and am so thankful to be your Mommy!!

With all my heart,
Mommy







1 comment:

Carissa said...

It is impossible that he's 5!

Well written by the way. :)