Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nesting

After CPS came, while we were in the process of getting ready for the interview, I was asked by friends and family, who knew what was going on, how I was doing. At that point, I was feeling attacked. Curtis and I felt as though our family was not only under spiritual attack, but an actual physical attack..... an attack on our family, an attack on us as parents, an attack on the way we choose to live. So, when people asked how I was doing, I responded, "I want to bring my family in close and build a nest. I don't want to let anyone in or out."

Apparently, the kids picked up on this, and have started asking, "When are we going to build a nest?" and, "We want to make a nest!"

So today, we made a nest!


Thankfully, I'm not in the "nesting" phase any longer. I realized that though it was a very natural reaction to the situations around us, it was living in faith. It was living in fear.

The situation with our munchkin, which came up thanks to the CPS interview, is still going on. But, as sad as it it, we're adjusting to the new normal. A normal where bad things have happened to our family. A normal where I'm not 100% who I can trust. A normal that involves lots of business cards (police, child advocate, counselors) in my wallet.

But despite some of the new things in our normal, there are some of the same things. I'm still madly in love with this handsome man.....
We are committed to our family, more than ever. The desire of our hearts is to help our children grow and love Christ, every day. We stand in grace, and wait for the good that we know He is doing to be revealed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures even though the circumstance makes my heart ache...

Love you all,
Da and Grand Daddy

momma said...

i think you're doing a great job keeping things normal. i love you and all your little chickies, too!!

momma

Fire and Eis said...

We love u guys and we will be there again anytime u need us. That's what family is for ;-).


Josh and Di