Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Church Fall Festival

We've gone back and forth about the whole Halloween thing. And just like everything else, we've decided that it's all in the approach that we take. We've decided that Halloween can be a fun time to dress up, have fun with friends, and of course, get candy! October 31st is also Reformation Day, which our church celebrates. Unfortunately, Elizabeth saw the "scary" side of Halloween this year, when a little boy in a werewolf mask came around the corner at Kroger, came up to the basket where she was sitting, and scared her. Now, every time we go to that Kroger she hold my had and tells me, "I not want to see mean boy, I not want to see mean boy, Mommy hold me!" Thankfully, I was able to not go psycho mommy on this kid. :-)

Elizabeth started yesterday off by calling grandparents and wishing them a, "Happy 'Mation Day!" She and I then spent most of our morning making cookies and brownies, which we took to the fall festival and to Curtis' office. It was a fun day to celebrate God's goodness to our family, a time to bring others a little happiness, and a time to remember God's faithfulness to His church.

Group picture (which she actually stood still for!)
Our sweet bee, Micah
nailing the 95th thesis to a church door
Daddy and Micah
Jumping in the bouncy thing, the best part of the night!

No comments: